Coconut oil… What can’t you use it for?? I love it, and what I love even more is how little of it I need to use. It’s the best thing to have around the house, and even better to take with when travelling.
It can be used as…
- Hair conditioner (leave-in)
- Moisturiser (hair, scalp, skin)
- Lip Balm
- Face Cleanser
- Toothpaste (just add equal parts bicarb)
- Lubricant (pretty much speaks for itself I think!)
- Wax Residue Remover (after waxing)
- Massage Oil (body, scalp)
- Body/Face Scrub (mix with grainy sugar, rub all over, and be sure not to eat yourself)
- Shaving Cream (rub onto skin and shave away)
Taking a jar of coconut oil with me when travelling saves so much space and effort. I can use the one jar for so many things, and if I am taking deodorant or toothpaste and run out, I don’t have to worry! If you travel with oil, make sure you use a container that seals well! It’s not fun getting oil on everything you own.
Coconut oil can also be used in food and cooking. You can use it to fry stuff, in baking, or even just spread it on toast! The possibilities are endless…
Remember, try and get your coconut oil from a responsible company, and the bigger the container, the better! It lasts aaaaaaaages. A jar of coconut oil can be expensive as a single purchase, but it can replace so many things that you won’t need to buy once you have the oil. And if you’re like me, you can always shop around to find the best price!
What uses do you have for coconut oil?